The Vault Regulars

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Happy Christmas to Everyone.

Well this year has been a really odd year without going into to much detail. Injured knees, and Flu to mention two reasons why posts have been a bit too infrequent for my liking.
The good side is i have managed to keep up with folks blogs although numerous regular bloggers seem to be winding down using blogs. I think this is a shame as i for one have learnt so much from blogs and have met some super people which i wouldn't have done if it wasn't for blogging.
So i hope in 2017 that blogging has a bit of a revival.

I now have my Apple imac desktop back after a months fraught repair with it being older than 6 years. The cut off period that Apple support repairs.
No new graphics cards were available so at first a card repair was tried, although i knew that this was a pretty certain failure then a replacement refurbed card was located and fitted.
Its now all working and thankfully all my files were backed up apart from a few albums of music.

I really missed it being in PC hospital and looking at the empty space in the office.

There is a good chance that i will not purchase another Apple desktop in the future. The Champagne costs of Apple gear just doesn't cut it with my beer budget. When you buy a Rolls Royce you don't expect a Lada.

Anyways we, thats Sheila, Dorothy and I are off to the Lakes for a weeks RNR. So it only leaves me to wish everyone especially my regular readers and commenters a fantastic Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Lets hope the world improves in 2017.

12 comments:

  1. Have a great Christmas in the Lakes and a Happy New year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gibson. And to you and Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and Shiela too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gayle. All the best to you and Mick. See you sometime in 2017.

      Delete
  4. Here's to a great 2017.
    Carry on blogging!
    With very best wishes
    M&S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope so Martin. We are looking forward to it.
    I need to have a think about the blog.
    Have a great Christmas and New Year you two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you got the Mac back. I agree with your comments on that subject - I have never been one of those starry eyed folks who swear they are so superior.

    I too have noticed a decline in blogging and the number of comments received but I keep battling on. I sometimes wonder if there is anybody out there. Apart from anything else my blog does provide me with a reference for myself to previous doings if nothing else.

    All the best to you and Sheila for Christmas etc., have a good time in the Lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Compliments of the season to you, Alan.

    Like yourself, I'm an iMac user and although there's a lot I like about Apple desktops (I've been using them for nigh on 30 years) I don't fall into the 'they can do no wrong' category. When mine eventually, inevitably, gives up the ghost, I might consider a Mac Mini; my father-in-law's had one for a good few years and it's proved pretty robust in heavy usage. The bottom end model would more than meet my needs.

    What a year it's been, 2016... Not all bad, but it's certainly had its moments.

    All the best for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas! Wishing you all the best into the new year. Hope to be back blogging again in 2017!

    Enjoy the Lakes and greetings from a dark, wet & windy Helsinki.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Conrad. Yes the Mac is back although I could have bought a new windows 10 laptop for the price of the repair. Anyway I will have a think now about which way to go in the future.
    Blogging is a good way of recording your journeys and it's better than twitter and Facebook in my opinion. I think bloggers need to change the style of post regularly as they can become a bit monotonous. I'm not sure which way to go at the moment. I won't rush into it yet.
    We are now back from the lakes where we had no phone signal and no internet. You can get both in a Yurt in Mongolia but sadly not everywhere on our small island. The Lakes is badly served by the providers.

    All the best to you in 2017 and we look forward to your next Cumbria coast walk which we walked a small section during our break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dave.
    Thanks for your comment. I have never considered a Mac mini but it might be a possibility. I will check it out. I wish an iPad was the answer but it isn't as numerous web sites are not fully compatible. For example on WalkLakes, you cannot plot a route with a touch screen.

    Have a good 2017 and keep the blog going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maria! How nice to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and the family.
    Your blog is missed by us.
    The Lakes was very windy also but probably not as bad as Finland.
    All the best for 2017.

    ReplyDelete

Find it Here

About Me

My other blog. beneathwhosefeet.wordpress.com