Everything about the actual map is just the same as OS standard.
What i liked about them.
- The paper. Is more like magazine quality, not like basic OS series.
- The maps are in booklet form, not one big sheet.
- The booklets are the same size as a fully folded OS map.
- Great to handle and flip pages when your on the hill.
- The OS Lake District maps are 4 in total. With the A-Z book this is covered by 2 books.
- The weight of 1 booklet is equivalent to 1 OS map 130gr.
The only down side i can see is that for long route planning, sometimes you want to see the bigger picture. But that can be achieved using one of the free mapping software companies available on the internet. Once the planning stage is complete then i think these booklets are excellent and easy to use.
Currently area options are limited, but will increase with time. They are available from Dash4it for the price of £5.57. Take a look here.